- be able to distinguish, recognize as being different"The child knows right from wrong"
- perceive as familiar"I know this voice!"
- have fixed in the mind"I know Latin""This student knows her irregular verbs""Do you know the poem well enough to recite it?"
- know how to do or perform something"She knows how to knit""Does your husband know how to cook?"
- be aware of the truth of something; have a belief or faith in something; regard as true beyond any doubt"I know that I left the key on the table""Galileo knew that the earth moves around the sun"
- be cognizant or aware of a fact or a specific piece of information; possess knowledge or information about"I know that the President lied to the people""I want to know who is winning the game!""I know it's time"
- be familiar or acquainted with a person or an object"She doesn't know this composer""Do you know my sister?""We know this movie""I know him under a different name""This flower is known as a Peruvian Lily"
Words Related to "know"