- extend one's body or limbs"Let's stretch for a minute--we've been sitting here for over 3 hours"
- extend one's limbs or muscles, or the entire body"Stretch your legs!""Extend your right arm above your head"
- extend or stretch out to a greater or the full length"Unfold the newspaper""stretch out that piece of cloth""extend the TV antenna"
- make long or longer by pulling and stretching"stretch the fabric"
- pull in opposite directions"During the Inquisition, the torturers would stretch their victims on a rack"
Words Related to "stretch"